To be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa, you must have completed three months (88 days in total) in a specified field or industry* in a designated area of regional Australia**
*Specified work is any type of work in the list below:
Plant and Animal Cultivation
- the harvesting and/or packing of fruit and vegetable crops;
- pruning and trimming vines and trees; Note: This must be the primary employment task and directly associated with the cultivation and commercial sale of plant produce, such as fruit and nut crops (commercial horticultural activity). General garden maintenance is not eligible.
- general maintenance crop work;
- cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts;
- immediate processing of plant products;
- maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce, including natural increase; Note: Maintaining animals for tourism or recreational purposes is not eligible.
- immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery in an abattoir, packing and tanning; Note: Secondary processing of animal products, such as smallgoods processing and retail butchery is not eligible.
- manufacturing dairy produce from raw material.
Fishing and Pearling
- conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species;
- conducting operations relating directly to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell.
Tree Farming and Felling
- planting or tending trees in a plantation or forest that are intended to be felled;
- felling trees in a plantation or forest;
- transporting trees or parts of trees that were felled in a plantation or forest to the place where they are first to be milled or processed or from which they are to be transported to the place where they are to be milled or processed.
- coal mining;
- oil and gas extraction;
- metal ore mining;
- construction material mining;
- non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying;
- mining support services.
- residential building construction;
- non-residential building construction;
- heavy and civil engineering construction;
- land development and site preparation services;
- building structure services;
- building installation services;
- building completion services;
- other construction services.
Eligible regional Australia postcodes**
New South Wales
Most areas except the greater Sydney area, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong.
2311 to 2312
2328 to 2411
2420 to 2490
2536 to 2551
2575 to 2594
2618 to 2739
2787 to 2898
Northern Territory - Entire Territory
4124 to 4125
4270 to 4272
4307 to 4499
4515 to 4519 4522 to 4899
South Australia - Entire State
Tasmania - Entire State
Victoria (most areas except the greater Melbourne area)
3211 to 3334
3340 to 3424
3430 to 3649
3658 to 3749
3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764
3778 to 3781
3783, 3797, 3799
3810 to 3909
3921 to 3925
3945 to 3974
3981 to 3996
Western Australia (most areas except Perth and surrounding areas)
6041 to 6044
6083 to 6084
6121 to 6126
6200 to 6799