Country of residence:

Holiday Visa

Please give your vote for this product:

4.36 out of 5 based on
185 vote(s).

Japan Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Programme provides wider opportunities, particularly for young people to experience the culture and general way of life of Japan for the purpose of promoting greater mutual understanding. The working holiday makers are allowed to engage themselves in part-time or full-time work to supplement their funds to travel and stay in Japan. Since the Working Holiday Programme is intended to promote greater mutual understanding, the applicant's primary aim should be to holiday in Japan. Participants need to obtain further permission to engage in remunerative activities while in Japan, although they are not allowed to be engaged in activities at certain sites stipulated under the Law on Control and Improvement of Amusement and Entertainment Businesses.* Applicants will not be able to engage themselves in activities, which are considered to go against policies of the Working Holiday scheme such as working at places where businesses, which may affect public morals, operate.

* these sites include: where adult entertainment related businesses are carried out.

The programme is not designed for persons who mainly intend to work or study in Japan (for which purposes the appropriate visa should be sought). To ensure that the programme's objectives are met, the following requirements are to be satisfied.
  • must be a citizen/national of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the Republic of Korea, Germany, the United Kingdom, Ireland or Denmark currently residing in his or her country of citizenship, or must be a resident of Taiwan or Hong Kong.
  • must intend primarily to holiday in Japan for a specific length of time.
  • must be between 18 and 30 years of age.
  • must possess a valid passport and a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase a return ticket.
  • must possess reasonable funds for living expenses, including medical expenses, during the period of the initial stay in Japan. For a single person, the minimum is US$2000, for a married couple, US$3000 or equivalent amount of the national currency.
  • must be in good health and not have a criminal record

Working-Holiday visas are single entry. Therefore, if the Working-Holiday maker has to leave Japan for any reason and wishes to return, it is essential that the person obtain a re-entry permit from the Immigration Authorities before leaving Japan. Within 90 days of arrival in Japan, Working-Holiday makers must apply for alien registration at the Local Government Office near to where they are staying.

For complete information and requirements please contact us on 01 878 3329 / 207 659 9180 . An Information Package with detailed instruction and complete information on the necessary documents and the whole process is available for €35/£35.